Medical Malpractice Attorney in , CT
Each year thousands of unsuspecting people are seriously injured as a result of medical professionals’ negligence and/or carelessness. Preventable medical errors and substandard treatment can be committed in various ways, in various environments and by various professionals (doctor, dentist, nurse, etc.).
Medical malpractice cases are almost always contested and are highly technical. Negotiation and litigation proceedings are complex. Buckley Wynne & Parese have the necessary medical knowledge and accessible resources in order to discover, prove and recover from these claims.
If you have been seriously injured by the negligence and/or carelessness of a medical professional, hospital or caregiver, contact Buckley Wynne & Parese immediately. Our Medical Malpractice Attorney attorneys will meet you anywhere and at any time, whether that’s a hospital, a home, a restaurant, or the office for a free, confidential consultation.
Potential Medical Malpractice Claims in
- Failure to Diagnose/ Incorrect Diagnosis/ Delayed Diagnosis
- Consequences Include: Incorrect or Delayed Treatment
- Commonly Misdiagnosed Conditions: Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Heart Attacks, Brain Aneurysms
- Surgical Errors
- Examples Include: Improper Technique, Unnecessary Surgery
- Birth Injuries
- Examples Include: Failure to Recognize Existing Conditions of Baby and/or Mother Patient, Failure to Perform a Timely Cesarean Section and Misuse of Medical Equipment
- Injuries Include: Brachial Plexus, Shoulder Dystocia, Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Brain Damage, Wrongful Death of the Mother or Baby
- Anesthesia Errors
- Examples Include: Improper Administration/Dosage, Failure to Monitor Blood Pressure or Oxygen Levels
- Medication Errors
- Examples Include: Prescribing/Administering the Wrong Medication or Incorrect Dosage
- Hospital Negligence
- Examples Include: Improper Communication of Patient’s Care Plan, Failure to Recognize Initial Signs of Infection, Improper Supervision, Premature Discharge
Medical Malpractice Claims in & The Element of Standard of Care
A medical professional’s mistake alone does not mean they are liable for malpractice. Under Connecticut law, a similar healthcare provider must attest to the evidence in which the subject medical professional has breached the standard of care. “The standard of care is the level of care, skill, and treatment that, under the relevant circumstances, is recognized as acceptable and appropriate by a reasonably prudent similar health care providers.”
Patient Safety America- Their Mind. Your Life.
In 2002, Dr. John James’ 19-year-old son was diagnosed with heart arrhythmia. A few weeks later, he collapsed while running and later passed away. Dr. James believes his son died as a result of uninformed, careless, and unethical care by cardiologists. He has since devoted his life to improving patient safety. James’ website, Patient Safety America, lists the three levels in which patients can protect themselves.
- Be a Wise Consumer of Healthcare – Demand Quality, Cost-Effective Care for Yourself and Those you Love,
- Participate in Patient Safety Leadership through Boards, Panels and Commissions that Implement Policy and Laws, and
- Sponsor and Work for Laws that Favor Safer Care, Transparency, and Accountability.
James hopes to establish a nationally enforced patient bill of rights similar to that of the rights in which workers have to protect them from unsafe working conditions. For more information on James’ efforts to educate patients concerned about their healthcare and to view his ‘National Hospitalized Patient Bill of Rights’, visit his website http://patientsafetyamerica.com/.
Economic vs. Non-Economic Damages
In many cases, victims of medical malpractice can incur significant economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are specific, measurable damages whereas non-economic damages are more subjective and are not readily quantifiable. Below are some areas in which Buckley Wynne & Parese can help you and your family recover and seek just compensation.
Economical: Medical Bills, Lost Wages & Earning Capacity, Future Medical Compensation
Non-Economical: Pain & Suffering, Mental Anguish & Distress, Inconvenience, Loss of Consortium/Companionship, Disability & Disfigurement, Loss of Enjoyment of Life
Contact Buckley Wynne & Parese- We Want to Help
There are various ways medical malpractice in can be committed and if you have been seriously injured by the negligence or carelessness of a medical professional, contact Buckley Wynne & Parese immediately. Our attorneys have the necessary medical knowledge and accessible resources to fight for victims of medical malpractice. There are time restrictions for which we can file a medical malpractice claim so do not delay calling us. We offer all prospective clients a free consultation.
The Latest News
Buckley Wynne & Parese Recognized in “Best Law Firms” 2023 Rankings as Top Tier Law Firm
Posted on Nov 03, 2022
Buckley Wynne & Parese is pleased to announce that Best Lawyers has nationally ranked the firm in the 13th edition of the U.S. News-Best Lawyers® 2023 publication. The New Haven based law firm was listed among the top metropolitan tier in the “Best Law Firms” awards list for the practice area of personal injury litigation.
Attorney John Parese Selected for SuperLawyers 2022
Posted on Oct 28, 2022
We congratulate Attorney John Parese, who was selected to be listed among Connecticut Super Lawyers for 2022. This peer designation is awarded only to a select number of accomplished attorneys in each state. The Super Lawyers selection process takes into account peer recognition, professional achievement in legal practice, and other cogent factors.
Attorney John Buckley Included in 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
Posted on Aug 24, 2022
Attorney John Buckley was selected for inclusion in the 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for the zealous legal work he has put in on behalf of his clients. This honor is extremely noteworthy, as only the top 5% of practicing lawyers in the United States constitute the The Best Lawyers in America.