“Typical injuries in a battery explosion include burns, scarring, cuts, eye injuries, teeth injuries, and hand injuries. If you are involved in a battery explosion, you should know what to do.”
Battery Explosion Injury Attorneys In New Haven, CT
We’re surrounded by new technologies these days. And one recent technology is that of the lithium-ion battery. Invented back in 1991, this battery has made it possible for us to move from place to place without stopping and recharging our portable devices multiple times throughout the day. Lithium-ion cell batteries are used in everyday items, including thermometers, remote car locks, MP3 players, hearing aids, and calculators.
Lithium-ion batteries are convenient and lightweight and store uber amounts of energy in their small compact bodies. But unfortunately, though rare, those batteries can overheat and explode in certain situations, causing serious injury and damage to anyone nearby.
What Causes Lithium-Ion Battery Explosions?
The same element that makes lithium-ion batteries so beneficial to our daily lives is what can make them catch fire or explode. As we alluded to earlier, lithium is great at storing energy. As you know, it can power your phone all day. But when it’s released all at once, the battery can explode.
Most lithium-ion battery explosions and fires are due to short-circuiting, which occurs when the plastic separator fails and the anode and cathode touch. Once those two come into contact, the battery starts to overheat. Here are the primary reasons that the separator can fail:
- Bad design or manufacturing defects
- Being left too close to a heat source
- Charger problems
- Thermal runway and multiple cells
What Causes e-Cig and Vape Battery Explosions?
E-cig and vaping devices brands have been readily available for quite some time now and are widely used. And unfortunately, even though traditional cigarettes and other tobacco products are federally regulated, vapes and e-cigarettes are not. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 5% of American adults use e-cigarettes. And though these devices can cause serious health risks when used, there are other risks. For example, the flammable electrolyte may explode when the lithium-ion battery in the vape overheats.
Battery overheating in an e-cig or vape device can occur for the following reasons:
- Battery overcharge
- Close proximity to external heat
- Internal cell fault
- Short circuit
What to Do if You Are Injured in a Battery Explosion in New Haven, CT
Typical injuries in a battery explosion include burns, scarring, cuts, eye injuries, teeth injuries, and hand injuries. If you are involved in a battery explosion, you should know what to do.
- Try not to panic. Move yourself and others away from the source of the explosion and any fire that has ensued.
- Check yourself and others for injuries.
- Call 9-1-1 and request an ambulance right away. Even if you do not think you need an ambulance, it is important to have a paramedic assess the extent of your injuries.
- Have the police who arrive at the scene create a detailed accident report of the explosion for your records.
- If you are able, or if you are able to have a trusted individual do so on your behalf, begin collecting evidence. The best way to do this is by taking photos of the accident scene. Also, document the contact information on any witnesses, including full name, phone number, and email address. Save any debris from the accident scene.
- Contact an experienced battery explosion attorney at Buckley Wynne & Parese Personal Injury Attorneys.
What Type of Compensation Might I be Entitled to If I am Injured in a Battery Explosion?
If you have been injured in a battery explosion accident, it is within your rights to seek compensation for any damages or losses you have incurred. Injuries can take months to heal. Though the accident may seem minor, expenses related to your injuries can add up over time. You can lose time at work, too, resulting in lost wages.
If you’ve been injured in a battery explosion accident, an experienced battery explosion attorney in Connecticut can help you seek the following compensation:
- Specific Damages for past and future medical bills, lost wages due to missed work, lost earning potential due to required job modifications related to your injuries, and repair/replacement services such as childcare or home and vehicle maintenance
- General Damages for physical pain and suffering, loss of consortium related to your business, and emotional distress
The best way to determine what compensation you are eligible for is to contact Buckley Wynne & Parese New Haven, CT Personal Injury Attorneys.
Proving Negligence and Pursuing Compensation for a Connecticut Battery Explosion Injury
A Buckley Wynne & Parese Personal Injury Attorney will help you determine if you can successfully secure compensation for a battery explosion accident. But first, you will need to identify the liable parties. And there are several liable parties depending on the specific details involved in your battery explosion accident. Liable parties could include:
- Designer of the battery
- Manufacturer of the battery
- Warning label manufacturer
- Distributor of the battery’s application
- Seller of the battery’s application
Allow your attorney at Buckley Wynne & Parese Personal Injury Attorneys to identify the complex specifics of your battery explosion case. This will allow you to focus on healing and recovery so that you can get back to work and back to your life.
Contact Buckley Wynne & Parese
A battery explosion injury could turn your life upside-down instantly. But you do not have to face the aftermath of such an injury alone. Call the team at Buckley Wynne & Parese Personal Injury Attorneys right away to schedule a consultation and case review and find out what legal recourse you could take and what compensation you can anticipate.
The Latest News
Buckley Wynne & Parese Named "Best Law Firm 2023" by The North Haven Citizen
Posted on May 28, 2023
We are delighted to share the exciting news that Buckley Wynne & Parese, a leading personal injury firm based in Connecticut, has been recognized as the "Best Law Firm 2023" by The North Haven Citizen. This achievement highlights our firm's unwavering dedication to delivering exceptional legal services and advocating for our clients.
Today's Business: Distracted driving — Apps and education
Posted on Apr 15, 2023
Distracted driving has reached epidemic proportions in the Connecticut. In the U.S. it has become one of the leading causes of car wrecks. Using new technology, there are ways to begin to reduce the senseless death and injury caused by distracted diving. A complete redefinition of acceptable social behavior is in order. What America did to make seatbelt use the norm, now must be done to reduce distracted driving.
Do I need boat insurance in Connecticut?
Posted on Jan 23, 2023
Owning and operating a boat is a serious endeavor and, to avoid personal liability exposure, you should insure your boat with sufficient limits. Consulting an agent or company with experience in boat insurance is the best option.